Call for inputs on the upcoming country visit to Mongolia of the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights defenders, Mr. Forst, 30 April – 13 May 2019
- The Special Rapporteur on the situation for human rights defenders will carry out an official visit to Mongolia from Tuesday 30 April to Monday 13 May 2019. The visit will include discussions with Government officials, local authorities, human rights defenders, civil society representatives and other stakeholders about good practices and challenges faced by human rights defenders in the country. The Special Rapporteur will present a public report on his country visit to the UN Human Rights Council in March 2020.
Please feel free to provide inputs to any of the questions below. Please feel also free to share the questions with anyone who might be interested in contributing. Responses received will be kept confidential.
Human rights defenders, civil society and other interested parties are encouraged to submit general inputs and specific proposals with regard to:
- General context (What are the main domestic laws and policies in place affecting the work of human rights defenders? Are there any good examples/challenges in this regard? How are these laws and policies implemented in practice? How well do the businesses respect the work of human rights defenders?)
- Issues of concern (What are the main/most urgent issues affecting the work of human rights defenders? How can these be addressed?)
- Potential areas to visit, including outside Ulaanbaatar (towns or communities)
- Relevant authorities, organisations and individuals to meet in the context of the Special Rapporteur's visit to Mongolia.
- Please let us know if there are any other issues or specific questions that you would like the Special Rapporteur to look into/raise with a particular authority? Are there any specific recommendations that you wish the Special Rapporteur to consider?
Please send your inputs to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible but no later than 2 April 2019. If you reply after 13 May, your submission will not be considered during the visit, but it will be taken into account for the Special Rapporteur’s report to the Human Rights Council. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.